Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Great News From the Post-Surgery Lab Report!!

Today has been a long-awaited day as I made another trip to the Urologist's office to have my catheter removed and to learn of the pathology report from the surgery.


First things first... the lab report showed no cancer around the margins of the removed prostate. An answer to prayer... Praise God!!!


And the catheter was removed as planned. I should not drive for 5 days and can very slowly increase my activity level. I am looking forward to a brisk walk without a bag hanging off my side!


I am so thankful for all the people who have been praying for me. Many of my friends and family have told me that people at their church or in their Bible study have been praying for my healing. I imagine that hundreds of people that I do not know personally have kept me in their prayers over the last few months and for that I am grateful. Boy it sure is a beautiful thing to be part of God's big church family!

In three months the doctor will have another PSA test done to confirm that there is no remaining cancer.

If you have read my posts over the last 6 weeks and prayed for my health, I thank you. I have tried to provide others insight about my personal experience with the faith and health connection at a time when my faith was tested with the prostate cancer and my paralyzed vocal cord. Hopefully, what I have shared here has provided some readers with a glimpse into how one's strong faith can get a person through a challenging time.

Still turning to God for my strength and peace,

Dale

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooo... Dad I love you so much. I shared your story/situation with Mike Masland and his ears pearked up. Please continue to post in this blog as you never know whose life God will touch through you!

Drew