Monday, June 25, 2007

Confessions of Faith

Summer and more humid weather has arrived here in Charlotte. That makes it easier to spend just a little more time inside than outdoors. And this makes it easier to read and write more than normal.

Recently I have enjoyed reading and listening to CDs by Charles Capps, a noted faith teacher who lives in Arkansas. His material is based on the Spiritual Law of speaking/confessing God's Word out loud. He writes that there is power in this and that as one's mind is transformed and as our spirit mixes with God's spirit, that this releases the power of God to work in our life in a special way. I have spent time listening to his material on my Ipod on my walks and also reading his book, Faith and Confession-How to activate the Power of God in Your Life. This practice has helped me be even more mindful of my thoughts throughout my day and it has helped me look more positively into the future as I sense God providing direction. As I better appreciate this Spiritual Exercise of confessing God's Word and how it impacts my life I'll share this with you.

Stay Cool and drink plenty of water as you "run your race",

Dale

No comments: