Friday, May 18, 2007

A Miraculous Healing

We do have an awesome God!

So here I am sitting upright in my room at the hospital. Yesterday was surgery at 12 noon... and it lasted 3 1/2 hours. The doctor came in on his rounds this morning and told me that it was a pristine surgery. It could not have gone any better according to the doctor.

I took my first walk around the floor at 9 AM and after a VERY slow start I gingerly picked up the speed. No doubt this was the slowest walk of my adult life. My daughter is here with me and she'll be taking me for my next spin at 10 AM. It's pretty cool that she can "train" me here on my walks as she is a personal trainer at a large club in Baltimore.

Now I know for sure the reason why circumstances were such that my surgery had to be postponed because of my vocal cords. My faith has deepened in a way that I suspect most of us only read about happening in other people. Without a shadow of a doubt my belief(deep in my heart) in God's marvelous power to do anything is solid as can be. "With God, all things are possible." Matthews 19:26. This verse is on a helium balloon in my hospital room.

This two week delay for my surgery has been all about me drawing closer to Him. It's also been about giving me time to begin to understand Him and also to know Him personally as a healer. I've been able to read a booklet by Charles Capps,
God's Creative Power for Healing. This book teaches about the importance of speaking the Word...speaking scriptures out loud. I read a newsletter by David Wilkerson on Binding God to His Own Word. In reading this article, I learned how to apply the principle of "binding precedent" which enabled me to pray more boldly than I ever have before. My prayer life over even the last two weeks has been taken to a different level. I especially have begun to pray for God's healing in a way that I did not know how to do before.

On Tuesday morning I had a brief teaching from and was prayed for by Jim, a new friend from church. In addition to praying for the healing from cancer, he prayed for healing of my vocal cord. After his prayer he told me that my voice would return faster than I would think.

When I awakened yesterday, the morning of my surgery, my Dad called me. I was speaking in a strong near-normal voice! It continued to improve during the morning.
As I lay in the recovery room it was even better. As I sit here now in my room, I am talking normally. Praise God, I have experienced a miraculous healing from Him!!!

Trials give us a chance to grow spiritually and I certainly have grown tremendously these last two weeks. The doctor indicated that I probably will be able to go home tonight. I feel great!

Keep running your race... as I walk mine for a while!

Dale

No comments: