Thursday, May 10, 2007

Growing Closer to God Every Day

So the surgery for prostate cancer is back on again. Thursday May 17th.

The laryngitis I have had for 31 days has been diagnosed as a paralyzed left vocal cord. The ENT doctor will begin to treat that problem after I begin my recovery from the surgery. He tells me that it may take 6-9 months for the vocal cord to heal..... and that about 75% of patients can expect this type of result.

Who could believe that a significant surgery would be postponed because of laryngitis and then be told you have a paralyzed vocal cord!! This series of events has brought me closer to God... for sure. I have been reading more about how God heals people. The last four days I have been very intentional about trying to be in His presence to be as close to Him as possible.

It's during times like this that I have experienced the loving touch of God. As I write this, I realize that I have a choice, a free will, to turn to God and be with Him more, or to turn away from Him and to try to do this on my own. I've chosen the first path. And I know I have been better off for it.

I have also tried to remain in touch with friends and professional associates during the last few months... to remain connected and to receive support from them, which has helped tremendously. I am a blessed man because of the people I know, many of who have reached out to me with their support and prayers.

No doubt the closeness I have felt to God has helped me write yet
another article on Spiritual Exercise for Faith and Fitness Magazine. Amazing how that happens isn't it!

Praise God.

Keep running your race...as I run mine,

Dale.... aka Coach Fletch

1 comment:

Brother Marty said...

Dale,
I wanted to comment on your miraculous healing post, but couldn't figure out how?
Anyhow, what a wonderful post on the miraculous love of our lord. May your experience prove to be inspirational to others seeking hope and healing.
Thanks again for this post.