Friday, April 27, 2007

Trust God

It's three days before my surgery...and I admit it is a challenge to keep a clear head and to juggle all that is required mentally to keep an even keel. Don't know where I would be without my faith in all this.

I'm a thinker not a feeler. As a rule of thumb, I tend to keep my mind, (and my body for that matter) busy as a coping mechanism in tough, stressful times. More and more I am learning how to turn things over to God. Spending enough time with Him in His presence is key for me to be able to do that. One of my favorite Bible verses is from Isaiah 40:31: " But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Turning over things to God at a time like this and trusting that I am in His hands keeps me from being weary. It provides me strength and resolve. It gives me assurance and hope that everything will be okay. I am asking God to help me go through this with His strength..... go right through it emotionally and spiritually...... not around it.

For the last two weeks+ I have had a bad case of laryngitis, not having a normal voice is bad enough, but having this condition going in to surgery is even tougher. It can wear on you..... yet another reason to lean even more on God to provide comfort and peace.

God does not promise that we will be free from illnesses and disease.... but it sure is good to have the personal relationship with Him in times like this.

My 2-3 mile runs have been special to me during this last few weeks. Looking forward to a run with my daughter on Sunday when she arrives the day before my surgery!

Keep running your race!

Dale

No comments: