Monday, April 2, 2007

Trust and Faith

This past Thursday I visited with another Urologist/Oncologist to receive another opinion about treatment for the prostate cancer. He was up front and direct. He told me that it was a no brainer... surgery is the way to go. I told him of a tentative date I had secured for surgery... June 20th, and he strongly advised me to move that up to be much sooner. Although the cancer is currently contained in the prostate, he reminded me that it only takes one cell to get out of the organ to spread into other parts of my body.

He also told me that he would recommend sparing or saving only the left nerve bundle, not the right. He is concerned that there is too much cancer right up next to the right edge of the prostate and he would want to ensure that during surgery all the cancer cells are removed. At the end of the visit the doctor prayed with me. He reminded me that God will guide me in the decisions I make. The next two days, I prayed a lot and asked Him for guidance and wisdom.

Saturday, a friend called me to say he learned of my condition and told me he had been praying for me. I learned that he also has prostate cancer. We talked for about an hour. His doctor is a man that others have suggested I visit with and consider using as my surgeon. I believe that God orchestrated this phone call and so about an hour ago I placed a call to this doctor's office asking for an appointment.

I am placing my trust in God that He WILL direct my path and guide me in the decisions I must make and that He will cause the timing of surgery to take place as it is necessary for my complete healing.

No comments: