Saturday, April 21, 2007

Prostate Cancer Surgery Scheduled

After meeting and talking with four Oncologists/Urologists, I have made a decision to have surgery to remove my prostate on Monday, April 30th here in Charlotte.

My challenge now in the next week is to prepare my spirit, mind and body for this operation. I am blessed to have the support and prayers of my family, my girlfriend and many close friends during this time. A current bout of laryngitis( 9 days and counting) has me concerned but my doctor believes it will be gone by my surgery date.

I have a close friend who had his prostate removed just this week here in Charlotte and he is filling me in on all the details of his operation and recovery. I was able to visit him in the hospital on Monday and accompanied him on his first walk. :-) We have enjoyed many runs together over the years...... but never a walk like this one in the hospital. It was a special time for us both to experience together.

Not sure if I will have the wherewithal to post another note here before the surgery...... My faith is carrying me through this... and I'm so glad that I have God in my life in a huge way at a time like this.

If you've read this and are a praying person, I thank you for your prayers and may God bless you.


Have faith and be in good health!

Dale

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dale
I hope and Pray that things will go well along the way!
God does take care of us!
Tony Goodnight