Thursday, November 8, 2007

Proverbs 4:20-22 and Our Health

How can words help our health? Proverbs 4:20-22 tells us "My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."


As I read this I understand God to be be saying to read the Bible, His words and to keep what we read deep inside... in our heart. I have intentionally read scripture over and over again and the more I read the more I sense that His spirit... the Holy Spirit, mixes with my spirit deep in my heart... my inner self. When this occurs my body and my mind responds in healthy ways. The more often I read the Bible the better I appreciate what God has in store for me and the better I understand how much He loves me.


I believe that is one of the secrets to living a really full life... understanding the love that God has for us as an individual. When we really believe this we begin to live it out. By that I mean that we are better able to develop and sustain habits that honor our body and honor God. We also are better able to keep our mind on things of God and not things of this world.


So, allow God's words... His truths... found in the Bible, to penetrate your heart. This will bring you a richer and fuller life... and good health, in spirit, mind and body.


Have a super day!

No comments: